Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 30: Fear and Loathing

Well, the good news is that the pounds I gained are now gone in spite of the fact that I was on the road, had me some steak, and I had me some beers. I have managed to work out consistently and, when given the opportunity, I've been great about my eating (except for a bit-o-wine).

The interesting part comes starting tomorrow. You see, I'm going away on a golf weekend with the boys and, being the man's man that I am, that could mean I go full gonzo like one of my heroes, the late great Hunter S. Thompson. There's no question about it, this weekend I'm playing it by ear and hoping for the best. I realize my quest for Thunderlips is legit and I want to get fit and healthy, but I'm sure as hell not giving up my life. Who knows, maybe I'll just play some golf, eat some chow, and take it easy. Then again, I might golf, drink, gamble, eat bad food, and just act like a freaking animal. Nobody knows and I sure as hell don't care. I'll post when I can and if I can this weekend, but don't expect much. Life's too short!

"No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk if of to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten" - Hunter S. Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment