Monday, January 30, 2012

No Car Weekend...


It was a glorious weekend here in SoCal and since I managed to get Serena fixed (again) on Friday afternoon,  I decided to make a point of not going anywhere by car the entire weekend.  Birthday party down the street...bike.  Errands to the bank (above)...bike.  Lunch and shopping with the family on Sunday....bike.  It was great, my ass didn't touch the inside of a car the entire weekend.

Food wise, I followed up the green smoothie fast by eating like a pig most of the weekend and lord knows I did some drinking, but who cares, it was an awesome weekend and I felt that I earned the right to have some fun.  For those of you who are thinking of giving the green smoothie fast a try, you should know that you immediately gain a few pounds back once you get back on regular food.  My wife ate healthy all weekend and even she put a couple of pounds back on.  Fortunately, even though I gained some weight back, I'm looking slimmer and my pants (trousers for my English readers) are fitting much better so I'm still happy with the results.

I hopped back on the Serena for my commute to work this morning and even though it was colder than a witches tit, the sun was out and it was invigorating to get back out there and have a good ride into the office early in the morning.  While passing under the bridge where Serena got a flat last week, I noticed this extremely well made bum condo (below).  I'm pretty sure the bastards who live in there are the ones who broke the bottle on the trail but there was no sign of glass this am so hopefully they keep their crap to themselves from now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment