Friday, March 30, 2012

Curry Anyone?



Had a long meeting today before lunch and Mark, who is normally the champion of getting me to the gym turned evil and convinced me to 'have a curry'.  Having a curry today meant we hit Taste of India for some good old Indian fast food.  I've been done for about 20 min now and, from what my stomach is doing, I'm about 15 minutes from a rapid fire ejection that will live in the annals of handicap stall history here at work.

Our lunch consisted of chicken tikka, chicken madras, aloo gobi, rice, and garlic naan.  I've gotta hand it to the folks at taste of India, they do a really good curry.  My only complaint is the food is served in big Styrofoam cups with your order hand written on the sides and the restrooms, which you have to pass through the decidedly unclean kitchen to get to, are, without question, the most appalling and vile examples of gross-out this side of Calcutta.  Toilet so stank my pee actually went up.  But hey, I'm not complaining.  Mark busted out a coupon and then paid for Louis and me so I am allllll about that kind of lunch.

One other plus about Taste of India is that they serve Yeti beer.  The Yeti, while a very tasty beer, takes no prisoners.  A few years back I knocked down a few Yeti at an Indian restaurant and could barely see straight.


Overall, for taste and selection, I give Taste of India one and a half thumbs up.  The half thumb is for the deplorable kitchen and shitter.  Someone needs to post this on Yelp for me.  I'd do it myself but I'm a big picture guy and can't be bothered with details.

No comments:

Post a Comment