Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Mighty Snack!


Ok, the title was a bit misleading.  A few years back when I saw a nutritionist who helped me lose 50 pounds (which I have subsequently gained back like a toolbox), I had a great conversation with her about snacking.  She told me on so many words that if I wanted a healthy middle o'the day snack, I should just let myself go wild and chow down on some almonds.  When I asked her what a suitable amount of almonds to snack on was, she told me ten..as in ten single almonds (pictured above).  Well I thought that was a complete joke and started calling her Princess Ten Almonds but, truth be told, she was right and I was healthy and looking mighty fine when I stuck with her program.  To that end, part of beast mode will involve eating her recipes and food suggestions.

Flash forward (or back maybe) to yesterday afternoon, when I was feeling powerful hungry for a snack.  I marched into the kitchen and busted out these ten almonds and tried to savor every bite.  I wasn't totally satisfied but that's expected when you're used to eating 6,000 calories per meal so I just sucked it up and went to go check on the kids.  That's when I saw this:


Sometimes my family is no help....and no, I didn't eat any chips

No comments:

Post a Comment