Friday, August 17, 2012

Breakfast Stuff


Here's what I made the family for breakfast this morning, an awesome breakfast sandwich.  But is it healthy you ask?

Two slices of sourdough thins:  120 calories
Two eggs:  160 calories
Slice of cheese:  90 calories
Total:  370 calories

I'm guessing on calorie content, that's a pretty decent breakfast.  But what about the nutrition value of the ingredients?

According to Poindexter here at the Mayo clinic (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/HQ00608/), eggs are high in cholesterol but fine if you don't eat too many of them.  Since they have awesome protein, I'm going with HEALTHY.

Sourdough bread?  According to this guy:  http://www.danreid.org/health-alerts-sour-dough-health.asp, not only is sourdough bread healthy, it is, after spirulina (yeahoo), the 'staff of life'.  I'm not too sure about that but I'm gonig to say sourdough bread, in moderate quantities, is slightly healthy...or NEUTRAL

Cheese?  There are billions of conflicting articles but according to this neutral site:  http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/154/2 , the cheese is not so healthy, not horrible for you but not great either.  So we'll say slightly unhealthy.

I came up with a point to all of this while I was eating but then my youngest daughter spontaneously started singing a song she just made up called "Daddy's Armpits Are Hairy".  The lyrics are as follows:  DADDY'S ARMPITS ARE HAIRY!!!  DADDY'S ARMPITS ARE HAIIIIIRRRRYYYYY!!!....and so on and so on.

Long story short, my breakfast wasn't great for me but it wasn't bad for me.  I figure as long as I don't mow down one of my breakfast sandwiches all the time, I'll be doing just fine.

And one final thought, my armpits are indeed hairy

No comments:

Post a Comment