Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 22: Scoreboard Day!



OK, I know everyone's dying to know how I did this week in my quest for Thunderlips, the Ultimate Male status, but I need to start by sharing something deeply personal and strange that happened this morning. First off, from the moment I woke up, I had that song 'Head to Toe' by Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam stuck in my head on permanent loop. While I realize Lisa Lisa was most likely the inspiration for all 'Big Naturals' websites that sprang up in the years closely following Lisa Lisa's short career, I hated that song and still hate it today. Why the hell was it in my head? Its like I'm on the meth or something. The Lisa Lisa song stuck in my head was bad enough, but then I let a huge fart (I'm not talking one of those old man long and lingering 60% fart, 40% poop kind of farts, I'm talking about a proud to be an American trumpet blast that can be heard 60 yards away). A huge fart for me in the am is nothing to write home about, in fact, I'm known for my awesome morning thunder. The thing that was so crazy about this fart is that it smelled EXACTLY like a cheeseburger and I haven't had a cheeseburger in weeks. I don't mean is smelled like a fart that came from someone who had cheeseburgers, I mean this sucker smelled like a full blown, bun, sauce, onion, lettuce, tomato, fresh cooked cheeseburger. It was the type of fart that, if I still had a dog, the dog would have come running into the bathroom, drooling and licking its chops. Man it was a strange morning....Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam songs and farts that smell like cheeseburgers, what the hell is that all about!




Now that the details of my morning have been discussed, let's go to the scale shall we? I stripped down, hopped on the scale this am and it showed that in the last week, I've dropped.....


3 Pounds!


Considering I spent three of the seven days this week on a business trip where I was in a car or eating bad food much of the time, I'll take the three pounds. I realize I'm going on week two of losers limp, but that's kind of the name of the game when you spend a lot of time on the road. That brings my total weight loss in three weeks to 13 pounds. As stated yesterday, I'm in town all week so I hope to put up some big numbers by the next scoreboard (big meaning 5 or more pounds).


ps. The photo above is me, post ride on the SART this am. There wasn't much interesting to take pictures of, so I thought I'd give you all a nice glimpse of my lame helmet. I need a new helmet bad but I'm not looking to drop $60 on something that will do the same thing that my existing helmet does.

No comments:

Post a Comment