Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Highway to the Danger Zone!

There was no post on the Gut Chronicles yesterday because even though I rode my bike and did an upper body workout, I was clearly not on my game due to many beers all day Sunday.  I was a mess and just the fact that I didn't shit myself on my bike ride was victory enough...felt no need or desire to write about it.

This morning, I realized that even though I've been living the high life, I am dropping a couple of pounds so I decided to get off my arse and go for a run.

On today's run, I decided to do something I've always wanted to do...risk my life for this stupid blog.  There's a stretch of dark path that connects a park by my house to the main trail I jog on and for years, this 1/4 mile stretch of un-managed trail has lived in dark neighborhood legend like some sort of forbidden zone that swallows up puppies and causes even the bravest of men to turn and run in fear.  It is that place where ye must not go.  Since I'm a big brave stud, I decided to check it out today....


No comments:

Post a Comment