Thursday, August 9, 2012

Master of the Dawn


Here's me this morning in the middle of my 6:45am ride trying to look all cool but ultimately looking like a massive dork.  Was I listening to sinful rock and roll music you ask?  No, I was listening to 'The Startup of You' because its about time I get my ass back to work and make some money.  Just remember, if it don't make dollars, it don't make sense.

The wife made me healthy poached eggs this morning and as I was eating them, she politely suggested to me that drinking wine every day and eating like a pig could possibly be hindering my weight loss and fitness goals.  She's no expert on human biology, but man, I'm telling you, that lady cold be on to something!

According to Shapefit.com:

Pure alcohol contains about 7 calories per gram, which makes it nearly twice as fattening as carbohydrates or protein (both contain about 4 calories per gram) and only just under the caloric value for fat (9 calories per gram). This means that if you want to lose weight and reduce excess body fat, alcohol is not a good choice.

I wish those health folks would be more clear about things.  What are they really trying to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment