Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 15: Scoreboard Time

SART Art....Jon-O, the shadow rider, a monument of testosterone and greatness. Today was a triumphant day as I met Mark on the SART for a team ride to the office. First, some homeless dude who's always in the same spot just before I get on the trail waved to me. Clearly we're bonding. I chucked him the deuce and kept pedaling. Then, once I made it to the rendezvous point to meet Mark, it was less than a minute before we crossed paths. Clearly Mark and I have coordinated our timing to pinpoint accuracy. Mark had a big win today as well. While I am trying to get myself to the point where Chinese folks don't yell "CLOSE THE F*CKING BUFFET!" when I walk into the restaurant, Mark is trying to get below 180 (five pounds less than he is now). So as we began to ride together, Mark proudly announced to me that he was, for the first time in well over a year, busting out his size 32 waist, ultra skinny, black jeans. What a day...

OK, on to the scoreboard. This am I got back on the scale to see what the damage was after a trip to Japan and a weekend in Napa (both locations involved me eating constantly and having lots of wine and beer). As luck would have it, the scale showed that I had lost.....(drumroll)

2 Pounds!

Granted, a two pound loss in one week isn't setting the world on fire, but when you consider the circumstances, I'm going to put one in the win column for myself this past week*. The two pounds from last week brings my total weight loss to 10 pounds in two weeks. Not bad.

Food journal from yesterday:

Breakfast: Trader Joes lite cottage cheese and berries
Lunch: Chicken breast and a small amount of rice
Dinner: Grilled steak and shrimp with asparagus
Water: 3.5 litres
Extras: Two glasses of red wine

* My scoreboard methodology is to get out of bed on Tuesday mornings, and stand on the same scale, naked as the day I was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment