Sunday, November 27, 2011

Near Death Experience


I was proud of myself for running six miles this am so after I showered and had a protein and spirulina special (insert joke here), I thought it would be good to get a photo of  myself for the good ol'Gut Chronicles.  So the photo above is what one gets when one interrupts one's daughter watching a movie and says "Hey, can you get off the couch, come outside, and take a picture of your old man?"  Guess I'll have to be more specific next time.

Today's run was a challenge to say the least.  I think a few times during my six miles I lost consciousness and/or started crying.  I can't really be sure because the memories are horrible and foggy but I know I finished because my gps watch says I ran that far and my buttocks, thighs, hammies, and calf muscles hurt like hell.  Long story short, I did it and I'm proud of myself.  Since I'm proud of myself, that means only one thing, backyard hot tub party time today.  They hot tub is heating up as we speak and I plan on celebrating whilst in the hot tub with my world famous 'Guava Lava' beverage (pictured below):


Guava Lava is simple to make if you find the EXACT ingredients.  You need one bottle (or more) of Lady of Spain Cava (Spanish bubbly) and some Hawaiian Sun strawberry guava nectar.  I'm not saying Guava Lava is the greatest drink ever, but when it comes out, the bikini tops come off brother!  You pour a nice healthy glass of cava and then top it off with just a hint of strawberry guava nectar (the color of the cava should barely turn to a very light pink).  Guava Lava is great to have by the pool or when you feel like sneaking something onto the golf course or when you want to get the ladies drunk and randy.  Its just damn good so drink some, drink some now.  And yes, I realize that when trying to lose weight, drinking mass quantities of sparkling wine and a sugary beverage isn't a fantastic idea, but neither is Valentine's day and you don't see people bailing out on that piece of shit useless holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment