I'm just going to come right out and say it, I didn't bike to work on National Bike To Work Day, the 'work' part of the equation prohibited me from doing so (more like laziness).
Having said that, here are some hot Friday headlines:
- One of my buddies in Cincinnati is so inspired by my biking greatness that he decided to get his bike tuned up earlier this week and he went for a 14 mile ride this morning. Highlights from his ride are a sore ass and he saw a giant turtle in the middle of the road. I ask you, how much more excitement can you ask for on a Friday morning than a good ride and a turtle sighting? Unless you're a Facebook employee on the day of Facebook's IPO (Search optimization says what?), your Friday can't get much better than that!
- Since I drove this morning, I took the opportunity to fill up the 2003 G35 with sport tuned suspension. To my shock and horror, gas was $4.40 per gallon at COSTCO! Holy freaking balls of fire that's a huge stack of cash!
- I've managed to get the wife to start making me green smoothies again for breakfast in the morning. I swear on the eyes of my dead dog Penny that green smoothies (spinach, spirulina, fruit, etc.) are the way to go for breakfast. I feel like a caged beast and my bowel movements are a thing of beauty!
- In the last two weeks, I've rode to work eight out of the ten work days. On top of that, I've been to the gym nearly every day. I've dropped a couple of pounds but my wine and snack consumption has been shocking. I wish they'd have 'National Don't eat a box of Cheez-its and drink so much wine every night month'. Then I'd be in business.
- Yesterday was a huge day for the Gut Chronicles. I'm not sure why my hit count is increasing but if I can double the number of hits I get per day for 87 consecutive days and go from 45 page views to like 15 million per day, I can quit my job and become a full time blogger