Monday, May 7, 2012

Paint Wars on the SART


I took to the SART this morning and to my surprise, there had been a major move on the part of the city to take back the SART.  As far as the eye could see, the city had replaced tagging with their own cover up paint (above).  Miles and miles of covered over street urchin vandalism had been diligently covered on Saturday and Sunday.  Yeah there were a few eager beavers who had gotten out last night and tried to put their tags back in their appropriate spots (not sure how they determine which spot is the right spot), but by and large, the massive paint offensive mounted by Santa Ana had done its job.  I'm not sure if this is good work by the city or another example of spending local government funds on an exercise in futility but at least it made me happy.

On top of the ride being mostly graffiti free, I noticed at least double the normal number of bums camping under the 5th street bridge.  As I rode under, something told me they'd had a big night last night as several of the bums were clearly walking off a major hangover.  I don't know if they were celebrating the Laker's victory or a full weekend of Cinco De Mayo action but the lads under the 5th Street bridge had clearly done a fine job of making it happen last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment