Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 3: French Style Shower Action!

There he is folks, king of the Hobo Highway ready for his ride bright and early in the morning. 6:30am came early this morning but since I was meeting my buddy on the river trail to ride into work, I had to get out of bed and make it happen. I took the opportunity to capture myself in all my glory while I waited for Mark on the trail. Unfortunately, just as I finished taking the above photo, Mark rode up and saw me with my camera. It was pretty awkward as I struggled to put my camera back in my bike bag and there was an uncomfortable silence. I guess when you ride up on one of your buddies taking a photo of himself, it's kind of like walking in on a friend and surprising him while he's punching the clown...what is there to say? It's embarrassing situation, everyone knows it, but you're not going to say "Hey dude, were you jerking one out?". Anywho, after the photo incident, we made a triumphant ride down the SART and stopped at the gym for some sauna time (which included mildly homoerotic stretching exercises) and some individual shower action.

The shower scene was a pleasant surprise this morning. Normally there are plenty of normal showers, but this morning, all the normal showers were taken so I was forced to use the handicap shower. At first I was kind of bummed that I had to use the handi-shower but I quickly realized my disappointment was unfounded. The handicap shower is large enough to park a Volkswagen inside and it has one of those Euro-style handheld shower heads so I was able to take advantage and give the tailpipe a heavy dose of the 'Old Faithful' treatment. I may even move my manscaping routine from home to the handi-shower because, in addition to the Euro-style handheld shower head, it also has a very sturdy bench where you can get your leg up and get uninhibited access to the coin purse. I have no idea what any of this has to do with my quest for fitness but I thought it was worth sharing. Good ride and even better shower this morning. Now I'm going to eat my peaches and cottage cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment