Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Back on the Commute Baby!


The rain has subsided and its a glorious morning!  It was time to get my arse back on Serena and commute to work again.  Before I hit the trail, I needed to enjoy my breakfast (above).  I know I've said it before but the Vitamix 5200 is pretty damn amazing.  That mofo turned all that fruit and veg into complete liquid.  My only concern was that the wife told me just before I got on the bike for 30 min of vigorous exercise that when she researched a juice fast online they suggested that one stays very near the toilet for the first two days....not exactly a comforting thought but oh well, it wouldn't be the first time I $hit my pants and it certainly wouldn't be the last!

I was already excited that I got to get back on the bike for my commute to work but as an added bonus, my buddy Mark is going to start riding more often as well.  He's got about 4.5 miles to go to get to my house and he's like 87 years old or something but he thinks he can handle it. The photo above is Mark, happy and invigorated after our morning ride, er0tic sauna session, and shower.  You can just see the life and vitality in his face.

As a side note, there was a slight change in my routine this morning.  Since I was riding with someone, I didn't need to wear shorts with pockets for my iTouch so I went with my new bike shorts and ultra tight leggings.  That's right Gut Chronicles fans...today was national 'Check out my hot package day' on the SART.

No comments:

Post a Comment