Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Possible Radical and Borderline Stupid Act Approaching...




Last night, the wife and I watched 'Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead' (by we watched it I mean I watched it while the wife fell asleep and then I had to tell her about the whole thing this morning).  The basics of the documentary is that is about a dude from  Australia who weighs 309 pounds and he decides he'd going to do something about it so he goes on a fruit and vegetable juice fast for 60 days and drives across the U.S. trying to talk to people about it.  The main guy and one other dude both do it for 60 days and they both have incredible results but they're both not working the entire time they do it so that's out for me but they do run across people who agree to give it a try for ten days and every one of these people who completes the ten days has insane results.  Long story short, the wife and I are thinking about giving it a try.

One of the problems is, if we're going to do this thing, I want to get a good juicer.  One of our friends, who is in very good shape, uses the Vitamix 1709 Pro Series (Below)


This baby is supposed to be able to make juice out of just about anything and gets very high reviews.  I figure if you're going to feed two people on nothing but juice for ten days, you need some heavy duty equipment but this sonofabitch costs $500.  Sweet merciful crap!  The jury is still out on whether or not we'll be doing the juice fast, but I'll keep my readers (both of them) posted.

In the meantime, I'm interested...has anyone out there tried a juice fast?  How'd it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment